Contest Submissions and Guidelines
- The FICTION OPEN contest is open only to fiction submissions.
- All contest submissions will also be considered for publication in Razor. You are welcome to submit other genres to Razor Lit Mag general submissions, too.
- There is a $2 donation fee for contest entries. This helps keep both Fiction School and Razor going strong. We appreciate your donation (and we kept it super cheap! Many contests run $15 or $20, so we’re cool).
- Word count limit: 2500 words.
- Submission period: January to April.
TO ENTER THE FICTION OPEN CONTEST:
Visit the Razor Lit Mag Submissions page and select FICTION OPEN CONTEST under genres. You’ll upload your story, then it’ll take you to PayPal for your $2 donation, and you’ll be entered!
Other rules and regs:
- All entries will be judged blind. We won’t know who you are; we’ll only see your story and judge it by its merit.
- Ergo, please remove any identifying information from your manuscript before submitting.
- Current students and employees of Gustavus Adolphus College, Marist College, and Mendocino College are ineligible for this contest.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but if your work is selected for publication elsewhere, please withdraw your submission from the Razor Submission Manager as soon as possible. And sorry about this, but we’re unable to refund your donation in this case. (But hey, congrats on the publication!)
- Our judges also reserve the right not to award a winner if submissions do not meet our standards of publication.
- Previously published work is not accepted in this contest, whether that be on your secret blog, self-published, or in other literary journals.
- Razor requests first world electronic rights for the winning contest entry. All rights revert to the author after publication.